Full changelog for the 3rd Update in Pet Simulator X!
Just a heads up - this update is a bit small. I just got back from vacation and wanted to get an update out ASAP so I split the content in half. I'm aiming to release another update this week, probably Sunday. Saving the best stuff until then - so stick around!
If you haven't already seen it, Pet Simulator X plushies have been announced! These will be on sale in very limited stock, very soon! You can keep up to date on the BIG Games Twitter. Trust me, you don't want to miss out on these.
(They are so cute!!)
Brand new island filled to the brim with chests since you guys complained last time that there wasn't enough. There you go! Enjoy :)
10 New Pets
A bunch of new pets have been added, including a new Mythical pet! This includes 3 new Exclusive Pets.
Auto Hatch Pass
Want to AFK open eggs? Now you can! This took a lot more work than I anticipated but it's a huge QOL boost, for sure. Let me know if you want anything else added to this!
Highly requested! Purchasing this pass will give you a permanent Lucky boost - about half as good as the Super Lucky boost. This stacks of course.
Added a new & extremely hard to obtain rank. Rewards are very plentiful if you are able to achieve it! Can you guess what it is?
Let's talk about this for a second. While I was on vacation a couple things happened:
- Despite my best efforts, the duping situation (especially mythical pets) became very severe
- An exploit allowed players to essentially create some of the best pets in the game out of thin air. I didn't have internet for a couple days so I couldn't fix it. That sucked.
Here's what I did about it:
Totally revamped the trading code from the ground up
Switched over to Datastore v2. This should alleviate (or totally fix) the de-sync that caused duping in the first place
Tracked and banned top players that were using these exploit(s) before they were patched
Reverted most duped diamonds
Banned most dupe stash accounts
Setup better systems to monitor suspicious activity
If all goes well, duping should be patched. For good. I'll be closely monitoring the situation. This has taken up the majority of my time for the past 3 weeks so hopefully I can relax a bit.
Auto Delete Indicators
Lots of people were complaining their pets were just 'vanishing' after last update... so I added some pretty obvious indicators if you have Auto Delete enabled. Let me know if this helps!
- Disabled MagicText which probably freed up a lot of performance. Oops
- Fixed scrolling on the teleport menu
- Fixed the Super Equip breaking the inventory
- Patched a bug that caused the active boosts menu to lag the game
- I made the area next to the glacier super expensive because I didn't want anyone to purchase it... yeah... nice. It's now impossible to purchase. Look what you made me do
- Teleport shop button hover image is repaired
- Fixed server notifications not working
- Made some errors go away by asking very nicely